|GRN Recycle Talk FAQ
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 97 14:53 WET From: FRIEDMAN.FRED@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV (Fred Friedman) Subject: Re: Recycling legislation (Stephen Bailey)
February 12, 1997
If you are looking for someone at the state level to talk to you about their state s motives for their statewide recycling legislation, I would call Marty Davie of the Rhode Island Dept. of Environmental Management at 401-277-3434 x4407
If your question is What causes the enactment of state-wide recycling legislation?, the range of answers will include:
1. Trying to be able to measure results
2. Trying to offer incentives on some fair basis
3. Trying to spread the responsibility around.
4. It s difficult to legislate for just a part of the state, and to create a market infrastructure on just a partial mandate.
5. If you are creating an industry, you don t want to create what s createable only partially.
I hope that this helps.
-- Research Library for RCRA