|GRN Recycle Talk FAQ
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 98 08:30 WET From: FRIEDMAN.FRED@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV (Fred Friedman) Subject: Re: Info Request (Jasmine Kaehler)
Nov. 18, 1998
Dear Jasmine Kaehler,
Some of the most frequent questions about recycling answered at the Research Library for RCRA are:
- Where can I physically go to recycle X substance? Can I do it profitably?
- What are the markets for recycled (tires, plastics, paper grades, glass, metals, white goods, electronics, rubber, gypsum, construction materials, etc.)?
- Where can I go to procure(buy) recycled content materials? How cost competitive are they?
- Why recycle?
- Who invests in recycling?
- Which collection method works best?
- What are the technologies used to physically transform recycled materials into new products?
You can find another list of our FAQs at the US EPA Region 1 website fiele at www.epa.gov, then go to Regions and hit Region 1, then ask for FAQs.
- Research Library for RCRA